Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Paris

I took the Eurostar train from London to Paris Monday evening and met Sylvain at the station in Paris. Tuesday morning I headed out via the metro to meet a few friends who are management professors now as well as Colette at La Flor - a croissant place in Paris. We had pastries and espresso and chatted until noon while sitting out on the street.

I then met Sylvain at his university for a nice lunch and then to present, along with 2 other professors some of my research on entrepreneurship in China. After my presentation, Sylvain and I met up with Colette for dinner at a little restaurant with one guy who acts as waiter, chef, host, and dishes guy. The food was great and the guy was hilarious - talking to himself in the back to make it sound like there were more people ("Hi, pass the plate, please!").

I am staying at Colette's place now with a view on the Eiffel Tower and getting by alright with a few sentences of French. I am enjoying the food and relaxing a bit today.