Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Other side of the pond

This post will be short since I haven't slept in over 24 hours and the keyboard is all British, but I've landed, had a quick breakfast near the British Library (where there was a line to get in at 9:20am), and found my way to Lourdes Sosa's office at the London Business School.

So far I'm puzzled by the toilet paper which comes out 1 sheet at a time (WTF?!) and my HSBC global ATM card which doesn't want to work at the airport, meanwhile the American Bank ATM card, of all things, worked just fine. Oh yeah, i think I spent half the morning getting through the immigration line which was massive and waiting for my bags which came to the wrong Baggage Reclaim (I guess re-claim makes sense) carosel (probably due to the hours spent in the immigration line).

Off via train to Cambridge this afternoon.