Sunday, May 4, 2008

Once (2006)

Once (2006)

I saw this movie on Friday evening after Yoojin cooked a nice dinner. I highly recommend it. It reminded me of nights back in high school when Chris Madine, Buddy, or Rick Hanf would play guitar at Angel Emerick's or some sketchy campsite we had picked out that weekend.

At Duke also I had friends who were more musical and would play guitar from time to time such as Connor Briggs (now Connor Desai and check out her album on iTunes!) or Dan Purdom.

At MIT, things have changed and between the workload and hanging out with economists, scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs, those more musical nights of listening to CDs or live music are fewer and farther between. This movie was great to watch with the music reminding me of Ida, Nick Drake, Smog, or Devendra Barnhart.