Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmastime fun


IMG_0014, originally uploaded by eesley.

Look carefully, in the photo we managed to catch this soap bubble that somehow formed on the top of my glass mug (how does that happen?)!

I went back to Marietta, OH for Christmas last week and in the process managed to finish the book Making PCR which is a fascinating account of the invention and commercialization of Polymerase Chain Reaction technology. I also got half way through Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut ... hoping to finish that one over the next couple days. I also ate lots of good food, caught up with a few friends at the Marietta Brewing Co., saw my parents, and had lunch with Terri Morris who used to work for Gerald Chan who I met in Shanghai back in June.

I'm headed out to the Silicon Valley area New Year's day. Hopefully the snow we're supposed to get in Boston over the next couple of days won't pose a problem. Not too much other news except that I got a new office with a window at work, woo-hoo!

Happy New Year everyone!