Many small business owners needing to prepare a business plan for the first time feel overwhelmed .... a template may be just the thing to get started.
Here's a few resources to look over and see if any are a fit for what you need:
* Score Template Gallery
* To do it on your own you can also go to the Small Business Administration website (www.sba.gov) and enter business plans. They have myriad tools for folks. You can follow the step-by-step instructions to prepare your plan.
It can easily take 100 - 200 hours but you'll find it very worthwhile, short and long term.
* Business Plan Pro by Palo Alto Software. It comes with hundreds of sample plans.
* I would recommend Teach Yourself Business Plans by Alpha
* Free-Plan, which includes section-by section guidance in accompanying help and manual. It is free!!!
* Finally, if you've never done a business plan before ... you NEED to read Guy Kawasaki's "The Art of the Start."
That ought to be enough options to get you started.