Friday, September 22, 2006

Email From Space! Anousheh Ansari Space Blog

Anousheh is blogging from space!

Email From Space! Anousheh Ansari Space Blog: "Subject: Hello from Peter Diamandis, Welcome to Space!
Hi Anousheh-
Welcome to your ISS Home! Earth watched your beautiful launch on the Internet and TV. You looked great all smiles the entire time!
Here's my blog entry of your launch (how it looked from NASA TV).
Hugs,
Peter

My Dear Peter,
You were on my mind the entire time. I remembered our first meeting with you sitting across the table and passionately talking about goals of the X Prize foundation. I was enjoying watching you make a sales pitch with such a passion.
You had me sold from the first minute but your passion was contagious and I wanted you to finish telling your story. I arrived in the station a few hours ago and it feels like home. I have been making notes all along the launch and I will be posting a blog on the trip.
The launch was very smooth. The trip to the station felt long but it was worth it. I cannot keep my eyes off the windows. Earth is magnificent and peaceful from up here. You don%u2019t see any of those awful things you hear on the news, from up here.
The Earth is so beautiful and if we could all see it this way I%u2019m sure we would do everything in our power to preserve it. I truly hope that more and more people get to experience this trip first hand. But more than anyone else I hope that you will experience this trip soon, because I cannot think of a more deserving person.
with my best space wishes
Anousheh"