Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lunch with the President of Stanford University


Biography: Office of the President: Stanford University

I had the opportunity (along with 10 other faculty) to have lunch today with Stanford President John Hennessy. It was my second chance to meet him as he had the new faculty over to his house a few weeks back for a reception. I have been impressed with him when I have heard him speak so far. The discussion today ranged from Stanford's response to the economic crisis and handling of the endowment, distance/online education, entrepreneurship and the OTL/medical school and whether the university should remain in a single location or whether a significant research arm could be developed on the East Coast or overseas. It was a fun lunch and I am thrilled to be in a community with such interesting and entrepreneurial fellow faculty members.