Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008

Well, I'm back in Cambridge after the holiday trip to Ohio for Christmas and then a trip last week out to San Francisco.

Hard to believe it's a new year. I was talking about New Year's resolutions with Tracy Binegar while back in Marietta and I like her approach of trying to make improvements all year long but then using the opportunity at the end of the year to do a review and get rid of what's not working and think of new approaches.

I think overall work/life balance is probably the area to try to make improvements in for this year. I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel of this PhD program and that makes it exciting to work harder towards finishing. But I also sense that there is still a long road ahead to be done so I do want to keep some balance and perspective. It's hard to know though whether to try to balance better or whether to just be "ok" with the balance being more towards work for right now.