Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hooking folks up

Today Yanbo is headed to meet an entrepreneur in automotive design and I am headed to lunch with Josh Ding who I met yesterday fromt he Larson Group and an American professor who I met here my 2nd day. The professor has been teaching at Tsinghua and having the students develop a mobile application for guiding foreign visitors around Beijing during the Olympics. It's something that I think will be badly needed even though I'm not sure of its prospects for making money. Anyway, David asked me for advice and told me about what he'd developed and it seemed that Josh had made similar investments before so I introduced the two of them and we're all meeting for lunch at a Beijing restaurant today.

In the afternoon Yanbo and I meet up again to meet with a Tsinghua alum who has started a chip company here.