Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weatherman

Done with finals I've been relaxing a bit. A few friends came over for some chocolate fondue last night to celebrate being done with finals. It was really nice to see everyone with time to chill.

Tonight I watched the Weatherman, a movie about career success vs. success in life. I liked it, especially the ending. I guess in life, you have your goals and the picture, however, fuzzy, of the kind of person you'd like to become, the kind of life you'd like to live. Unless you're quite lucky, not all of it works out exactly perfectly. I feel like at the end, the main character continues to strive after his goals, yet somehow also is able to accept who he is and become seemingly more than just momentarily, satisfied with the life he leads even with its imperfections. I suppose that is truly the challenge.