Monday, January 30, 2006

Returning to Boston

I return to Boston on Friday at 5:30pm and have been spending the past couple of days reflecting on what we've done and what I may have learned of consequence from the experience this past month with Learning Friends. It has certainly been a great time and I am happy with what we've accomplished and with the group of 5 or 6 that we have who met at Stanford on Tuesday night and are interested in pushing this forward and entering it in the Stanford Social Entrepreneurship challenge. What happens from here will be very interesting to follow.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to returning to my own apartment and my own bed and almost to . . . another semester at MIT. :)

One other item of interest was this article I came across on the economic benefits of vaccination. It has rekindled my interest in biomedical innovation. Vaccinations help the economies of poor countries. The return to a vaccination program is estimated to be 18%!