Friday, September 2, 2005

On the future . . .

A conversation at an MIT event last night with my roommate Cindy: (this was a lot of fun)

Me: I can't wait to get chips in my head. I want the Google wireless chip. I could just think the "search" and the answer pops into my head.
Cindy: I don't know. Wouldn't that make information lose its value since everyone would have access to the same information all the time (assuming everyone had the chip).
Me: Well then the economy would shift so that the production of new knowledge would become increasingly valuable.

In retrospect, perhaps it's just an academic's skewed view but, this may already be the shift happening for a long time now regardless . . . but still, if the academic journals were perfectly indexed for this chip, it would make research MUCH easier.